The most important thing for skin care in rainy season is to keep dampness away from your skin. This can leads to all sorts of skin problems ranging from irritation and rashes to ringworm.
Tips For Skin Care In Rainy Season
- Wash your face and cleanse your skin at least 3-4 times a day to remove excess grime and oil that can clog your pores.
- Humidity due to rains can dry your skin something awful. Use a nourishing moisturizer to make your skin moist, supple and healthy.
- For oily skin water based moisturizers are a great option to help keep oil secretion in check.
- Use a reliable sunscreen with a good SPF. It may be cloudy but that doesn’t stop the sun’s UV rays from wreaking havoc.
- Exfoliate your skin daily to rid it of dead cells but do so gently.
- Stay hydrated by drinking at least 8 glasses throughout the day. Humidity can make you sweat a lot and skin that doesn’t have enough moisture can look pale and dull.
- While shampooing and conditioning your hair twice a week will suffice during any other season you might want to do so more frequently during the monsoons. This is because the humidity that is pervasive during the wet spell makes you sweat; and sweat makes it easy for grime and germs to latch on to your skin.
- Avoid artificial jewellery especially if you have sensitive skin. The humidity in the air will increase the risk of a breakout.
- Make your own homemade face peels and packs using ingredients from your kitchen. They are natural and will do a world of good for your skin.