Health Benefits of Kegel Exercise
Primary health benefits of kegel exercise is to prevent or control incontinence and other pelvic floor problems. These exercises strengthen the perineal muscles and are advised by doctors for Pelvic muscle rehabilitation. Health Benefits of Kegel Exercise are not limited to Pelvic muscle rehabilitation, it also improve pelvic muscle tone, prevent stress incontinence,urinary incontinence and fecal incontinence.
This exercise requires a contraction of the anus muscles as if trying to hold in gas, and then slowly relax the anus muscles. A session comprises of 10 contractions and relaxation exercises. Each exercise should last 10 seconds divided into five seconds of contraction and five seconds of relaxation.Patients with weakened pelvic floor muscles such as patients with diabetes, patients having had a prostate surgery in the past such as a radical prostatectomy, or obese patients are specially advised to do kegel exercises.
These exercises help to improve urinary incontinence, faecal incontinence, and even sexual health. Regular, daily exercising of pelvic muscles can improve, and even prevent, urinary incontinence.
- This is helpful for younger women. kegels allows the vagina to be more open aand relaxed and helps women who experience pain during sexual intercourse.Increases sexual arousal and ability to reach orgasm by improving blood circulation to the vagina and increasing vaginal tone and lubrication
- These exercises help male sexualhealth by allowing men’s erections to last longer. “Some research shows that Kegel exercises can make erections point further up in men whose penises tend to point down or straight forward when erect,” says urologist Darius A. Paduch, M.D., Ph.D., a male sexual medicine specialist at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
- Kegel exercises mainly strengthen the urinary sphincter and other muscles that control ejaculation. As per 2014 Therapeutic Advances in Urologystudy, 82% men with a history of lifelong premature ejaculation increased their latency time after just 12 weeks of Kegels.
- These exercises should be performed 30-60 times daily for at least two months
- These exercises are supposed to strengthen the muscles of the pelvis and urethra, which helps to prevent incontinence.